H-L THERAPY: THERAPISTS AND MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIANS
Hello, my name is Alicja. I am the Director, Principal Therapist and Mental Health Clinician at the H-L Therapy. I have completed a Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Gerontology qualifications, both from the University of South Australia. I have also completed a Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Diploma of Hypno-Counselling and Certificate of Clinical Hypno-Psychotherapy. I am an accredited Mental Health Social Worker, member of the Australian Association of Social Workers, and Clinical Member of the Australian Hypnotherapists Association.
Being born and raised in Poland, I am fluent in both English and Polish, and I’m interested in working as a therapist with clients from all cultural backgrounds. I especially welcome the interaction and stories that people bring into the therapy sessions. I ensure that people whom I work with feel welcomed, included and comfortable in our sessions.
I bring with me over 20 years of professional experience providing interdisciplinary, functional and mental health assessments and clinical services for teenagers, adults and older people with complex and specialised needs, in a range of multidisciplinary practice settings, such as mental health, disability, rehabilitation and aged care. Prior to establishing the H- L Therapy, I have supported people in mamy different interdisciplinary, clinical and managerial roles. This included the roles of Assessor with the Aged Care Assessment Team, Mental Health Clinician in both hospital and community mental health settings, Palliative Social Worker in the Modbury Hospital, Client Coordinator in the Brain Injury Unit, Social Work Clinician at the Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre, as well as Allied Health Clinician, Case Manager, Restorative Clinician, Project Officer and Clinical Lead for Social Work in Domiciliary Care.
In my free moments I enjoy painting, bushwalking, listening to music and searching for short inspirational stores to assist the insight and learning in therapy sessions. Being an artist with a special interest in oil, acrylic and ink painting, I often use artistic exploration activities in therapy sessions.
• Bachelor of Social Work / University of South Australia
• Master of Gerontology / University of South Australia
• Diploma of Hypno-Counselling / Institute of Clinical Hypno-Psychotherapy
• Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy / CBT Australia
• Certificate of Rational – Emotive Therapy / CBT Australia
• Certificate in Clinical Hypno-Psychotherapy/ ICHP
• Accredited Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (accr. MAASW)
• Clinical Member of the Australian Hypnotherapist Association (CMAHA)
Hi, my name is Jenna. I am an Integrative Therapist at H-L Therapy. I am qualified social work clinician with a Master’s Degree in Social Work from the Flinders University and a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers. My choice to pursue a social work career was motivated by genuine interest in helping people to achieve the maximum autonomy and capacity in social engagement, mental health and emotional wellbeing, whilst also assisting them to build confidence and to achieve their aspirations.
Prior to pursuing a career in human services in Australia, I was engaged in a successful career as a musician, playing a Chinese performing instrument (Erhu) in the Chinese Provincial Orchestra. Born and raised in China, I was brought up with the traditional Chinese culture of nurture, respect, collaboration and cooperation – these 4 values along professional AASW ethics have become my guiding principles informing my professional practice and conduct.
I am fluent in English and Mandarin and experienced in working with people with mental illness and memory loss. In my previous professional engagements, I enjoyed incorporating music, drawing and colouring as a part of therapy. Being an artist, I would like to include artistic modalities in my practice with people, subject to their interests.
To deliver the best outcomes, I work in partnership with people, carers, and community providers. I acknowledge and respect diversity and am interested in working with people with various personalities, religions and cultures, assisting them to express their confidence and unique personal identity. In my practice I use a wide range of up-to-date social work models, theories and approaches, including Empowerment Theory; Narrative Theory; System Theory and ‘4D’ Model (Discovery, Design, Dream and Delivery).
I am a dedicated and compassionate therapist who likes to listen to music, socialise with friends, paint and engage in sports. I pride myself on honesty, kindness, hard work and being a good team player. I am a good listener and have a good understanding of the complexity of life. I am here to support you with your choices and assist you to achieve goals that are important to you.
OUR MODEL OF THERAPEUTIC SERVICE DELIVERY
Our mission is to support people in being happy, confident and positive, to build capacities and improve health and independence. We do this by fostering a model of therapeutic service delivery that focuses on delivering innovative, customised and flexible programs to support people in achieving what is important to them.
We have a vision of compassionate, responsive, convenient, client centered model of therapeutic service delivery where we place you at the heart of all that we do.
• We provide high quality, responsive, therapeutic programs to benefit people we work with
• We compassionately listen to your concerns and support you in resolving them
• We will stand by you and work in partnership with you to ‘make a real difference’
• 5 days a week reception service is available to assist you in reaching the therapists even at the times when they are away from the office, providing therapy.
• All phone messages, texts and emails are promptly replied to.
• The appointments can be cancelled and rescheduled by leaving a phone message or texting our mobile number.
• We listen to what you tell us and develop flexible, responsive customized programs to support you
• We are flexible and will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. We are willing to work out the most convenient appointment time that suits you.
• We provide online therapy and home visits. Our travel is offered free of cost within the radiant distance of 15 kilometers of Holden Hill and Munno Para.