H-L THERAPY STAFF
Hello, my name is Alicja Weidner. I am the Director and Principal Therapist at the H-L Therapy. I am a qualified Social Worker with a Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Gerontology qualifications, both from the University of South Australia. I have also completed a Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Diploma of Hypno-Counselling and Certificate of Clinical Hypno-Psychotherapy. I am an accredited member of the Australian Association of Social Workers, Clinical Member of the Australian Hypnotherapists Association as well as Integrative Life Coach, Kinetic Shift Practitioner and OldPain2Go Practitioner with special training in the management of anxiety and chronic pain.
Being born and raised in Poland, I am fluent in both English and Polish, and I’m interested in working with clients from all cultural backgrounds. I especially welcome the interaction and stories that people bring into the therapy sessions. I ensure that people whom I work with feel welcomed, included and comfortable in our sessions.
In my free moments I enjoy painting, bushwalking, listening to music and searching for short inspirational stores to assist the insight and learning in therapy sessions. Being an artist with a special interest in oil, acrylic and ink painting, I often use artistic exploration activities in therapy sessions.
I bring with me over 20 years of professional experience providing interdisciplinary, functional and mental health assessments and clinical services for teenagers, adults and older people with complex and specialised needs, in a range of multidisciplinary practice settings, such as mental health, disability, rehabilitation and aged care. Prior to establishing the H- L Therapy, I have supported people in mamy different interdisciplinary, clinical and managerial roles. This included the roles of Assessor with the Aged Care Assessment Team, Mental Health Clinician in both hospital and community mental health settings, Palliative Social Worker in the Modbury Hospital, Client Coordinator in the Brain Injury Unit, Social Work Clinician at the Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre, as well as Allied Health Clinician, Case Manager, Restorative Clinician, Project Officer and Clinical Lead for Social Work in Domiciliary Care.
• Bachelor of Social Work / University of South Australia
• Master of Gerontology / University of South Australia
• Diploma of Hypno-Counselling / Institute of Clinical Hypno-Psychotherapy
• Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy / CBT Australia
• Certificate of Rational – Emotive Therapy / CBT Australia
• Certificate in Clinical Hypno-Psychotherapy/ ICHP
• Accredited Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (accr. MAASW)
• Clinical Member of the Australian Hypnotherapist Association (CMAHA)
Hello, my name is Emma O’Brien. I have completed a Bachelor of Social Work at the University of South Australia and I am a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers. I am committed to working with people with mental illness, including anxiety disorders, depression and psychotic illness and people with developmental disabilities, including Autism Spectrum Disorder. In my clinical practice, I apply individualised interventions and assist people in regaining their emotional wellbeing and confidence. I use the recovery model and a wide range of clinical skills and other practice models, such as Cognitive Behaviour Theory.
I also work for a Not for Profit mental health organisation where I mentor and support individuals living with mental illness, providing recovery-oriented services and assisting with daily tasks. I understand that needs are different for each individual and best outcomes come through working in partnership with people with disabilities and their families.
In my free time I like to do Aqua Zumba, play the acoustic guitar, and watch movies. I am also a voluntary member of the AASW Students and New Graduates practice group, helping to run events and workshops for Social Work students and new graduates. I pride myself on my problem solving skills, holistic approach, and ability to build strong relationships with participants, working to enable empowerment and build resilience. I am excited by the prospect of bringing my skills and knowledge to assist people with psychosocial and developmental disabilities.
I look forward to working with you!
OUR MODEL OF THERAPEUTIC SERVICE DELIVERY
Our mission is to support people in being happy, confident and positive, to build capacities and improve health and independence. We do this by fostering a model of therapeutic service delivery that focuses on delivering innovative, customised and flexible programs to support people in achieving what is important to them.
We have a vision of compassionate, responsive, convenient, client centered model of therapeutic service delivery where we place you at the heart of all that we do.
• We provide high quality, responsive, therapeutic programs to benefit people we work with
• We compassionately listen to your concerns and support you in resolving them
• We will stand by you and work in partnership with you to ‘make a real difference’
• 5 days a week reception service is available to assist you in reaching the therapists even at the times when they are away from the office, providing therapy.
• All phone messages, texts and emails are promptly replied to.
• The appointments can be cancelled and rescheduled by leaving a phone message or texting our mobile number.
• We listen to what you tell us and develop flexible, responsive customized programs to support you
• We are flexible and will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. We are willing to work out the most convenient appointment time that suits you.
• We provide online therapy and home visits. Our travel is offered free of cost within the radiant distance of 15 kilometers of Holden Hill and Munno Para.